Monday, November 2, 2009

This Is Just The Beginning


I have to say that I am so excited to be blogging. So excited in fact, that I have been struggling about what my first post will be. I have so many ideas. I am also a very impatient person, so the thought of breaking my ideas down into several posts is challenging. I just want to write about everything right now. This will take some practice.

I thank you all for visiting & I hope & pray that each one of you will play a big role in the success of this blog. I will explain more about this later in the post. All that I ask is that you PLEASE don't compare my writing to the writing that you are used to from my amazing husband. I can only dream of writing half as inspiring as he can.

So my topic for this first post.....Hmm. What will it be? Yes, I am actually still deciding as I type. There is honestly so much unbelievable information that I can't wait to share. LOL Ok, got it. A decision has finally been made. Whew!

Our separation & the journey that I went on personally is what inspired this blog & everything that I am currently doing in my day to day life. Adam & I have also gotten involved in our new church - Lifepoint. We will be teaming up with George & Karen Kapusta (our Pastor's parents) to lead the marriage ministry there. We have never been more excited & blessed to be a part of something so great. Praise God!

So, what I would like to do is share my journey as a wife with the sole purpose of helping others who may be troubled in their own relationships. To start with a little bit of history on us,
Adam & I started dating five years ago & we have been married for three. Our relationship was beautiful right from the start. We had the perfect love story on how we met, the most romantic first kiss, and our lives could not have been any happier. The next five years were spent with us together, every single hour, practically 99% of each day...literally.

As much as Adam & I love spending time together, looking back we feel that spending so much time together could have been one of our problem areas. Funny thing is, we would hate when people would mention it to us. We figured that they just didn't understand. Just because they couldn't handle their spouse 14-18 hours each day didn't mean that we couldn't. We didn't argue more than most couples & considering we were together so much we figured that was pretty good. We often joke that we have been married for three years but if you consider how much time we spent together compared to other couples, we have been married for twenty!

So what did we fight about? The normal. You know....money, work, & petty things that don't even matter in the grand scheme of things. I would argue because Adam felt that just because we were in the same house, we were "together". I would argue that I wanted face to face quality time. We would talk about our issues & then we would be fine. However, sometimes I wanted to talk right that second & Adam would want to calm his anger & briefly talk later. However, we would eventually move on from our petty arguments...or so I thought.

If you asked Adam, he would tell you that I was his beautiful, the most important thing in the world to him. He would say that he couldn't live without me. I am sure that most of you felt that when you would read his posts. Our year through Kayleigh's journey was a tough one, but one that I thought we handled pretty well. But what I didn't know was that all of those petty little arguments were building up like a raging volcano, packed deep inside "Adam's earth's crust," waiting to explode.

After our princess went to Heaven in May, we had made plans to get away. Just the two of us alone so that we could reconnect from all the heartache, even though we honestly felt as if we were doing okay on the outside. We went to the beach for the weekend and within the first ten minutes of the car ride, we started to argue. By the time I got rid of my stubborn attitude, we fought again. This actually became the theme of the weekend. Adam stormed off to be alone because his anger was way out of control & I stayed in the hotel room, crying. Before the trip ended, we reached a very heated point in our arguing & Adam told me that he was tired of this & he wanted a divorce. As most fights go, we got really nasty. I spent the next 2-3 weeks hoping that Adam would calm down, but he spent them planning his exit. I was in complete disbelief.

Adam moved out of the house a few weeks after Kayleigh's memorial. I was completely devastated & most days, unable to function. Just my luck, it was summer & the kids were home with me Monday-Friday. Sadly, I could have spent every day in bed without any food or water. For the first two weeks or so I did a lot of begging, telling Adam over & over how much I loved him. He was trying his best to be polite, but he didn't want to hear it.

I was already going to counseling because I had started that before Kayleigh passed away. I then ordered about 13 books from the Christian bookstore on saving my marriage, divorce, you name it. I had to gather as much information as I could "to change Adam's mind." Honestly, that is how it started. I was a nut. But, it was in the name of love so that made it ok. Right?

While I was waiting on my shipment I decided to utilize what I had at home already. The first book that I went to was the Love Dare. I wasn't sure if I would be successful with this because Adam was three & a half hours away. I had to try. I took the kids outside which was an amazing feat in itself & I read. As I looked over the first lesson I found that I had a few faults. Things that I could have been better at personally. I was shocked because of course I had never been wrong in my entire existence. I read the second chapter & again, more soul searching, more honesty with myself, & more work to do to make ME a better person. My goal had shifted. I was absolutely trying to get Adam to come home, every minute of every day, but I was doing it through my own changes. I started a daily prayer journal where I would write about what I had learned for the day, how my faults affected my marriage, how I needed to make adjustments, & then I would type out a prayer. This was very therapeutic.

It was during this time that I became closer to God than I ever have. I had just lost my daughter, my home, my job was in the toilet, & now my husband had left. Thank God I still had the kids but I couldn't turn to them for help. I HAD to turn to the only one that would always be there for me. God. My days were spent crying, reading, praying, & reading some more. I felt that if I wasn't learning, I was wasting time. Time that would surely run out before my husband would fall into the arms of someone else. I did warn you that I wasn't patient. I felt like every day was a ticking clock.

As I would apply the things that I was learning from reading, my counselor, friends, etc. I would find that they weren't working. I became more & more depressed & ended up on anti-depressants. I probably should have started them following Kayleigh's passing, but I am not the type to take medicine if I don't need it. I finally learned that worry was sin. Now things would get interesting.

I had finally reached a point where I knew that I was changing. I believed that I wasn't just saying what Adam wanted to hear. I knew how I felt about him & I continued to believe in how he once felt about me. I reminded myself daily that we entered into marriage & God would never want us to get divorced. I became numb to Adam's rejection & in those times I gave it all to God. You might think that this was the hardest thing that I would do but it actually was the ONLY thing that gave me true peace. Now, I am human & I did freak out occasionally. Don't get me wrong. However, after my initial weakness I would remind myself of how God wants me to be. God wanted me to continue loving & respecting my husband even though he didn't deserve it. He wanted me to honor my commitment even if Adam wasn't. I am not one to enjoy or even tolerate rejection so I knew from the beginning that I couldn't do it without God's help. Most people think or say that God won't give you anything you can't handle, but actually that means...God won't give you anything you can't handle, without His help.

I met someone through Elevation Church that became an amazing friend to me & the biggest reason that I made the changes in my life that I did. She was there through countless emails & calls & pointed me in the direction of the very book that would change my marriage. She did this because it saved her marriage & the marriages of many others. It is the book that Adam & I practice from every day & what inspired me to move forward with this blog. I will discuss this book more in my next post, I Promise. Thank you Lisa Shea for everything.

There were a mix of things that happened in our lives for Adam to come home. I had reached out to everyone that was close to us that was a Christian. My last hope was Brent Riggs. As most of you know Brent has been a dear friend to us over the last year. I knew that Adam respected him tremendously & he is without a doubt, one of the wisest Christian that we know. Brent had tried to contact Adam unsuccessfully a few times but finally he got through. It was that phone call along with my changes, Adam's faith, & God's intervention that brought us back together again.

Adam & I have honestly never been happier than we are right now. Our separation was not the end for our marriage. It was the beginning. As hard as that time was, I am SO thankful that it happened. We always believed that Kayleigh's purpose was to help others. Now we believe that she was also sent to us to save our marriage. Kayleigh's passing was not what caused us to separate but the extra pain that came along with losing her amplified the problems that we already had. I never imagined that one little life could impact so much.

When I met Lisa & she gave me this incredibly helpful information, I knew immediately that helping to save marriages was my calling. God had opened that door for me before but I never walked through it. Whenever a friend or family member was having a marriage problem, we always jumped in full force to help. I am not the kind of friend that tells you what you want to hear. I tell you what you NEED to hear. Sadly, this is also why I don't have many true close friends. Not everyone can handle the truth. Now that my marriage is stronger than ever, Adam & I are ready to pay it forward.

I started this blog mainly for wives. I want to teach you what I have learned. The principles are so amazing & easy that you will see results almost immediately. If Adam could go from being 100% completely done with our marriage, there is hope for your marriage too. We were just discussing today how nobody ever teaches this stuff. Maybe that is why 50% of first marriages fail & 70% of second marriages fail. The things that we have learned are the behaviors of men & women. Not wrong, just different.

As I said above, I started this blog mainly for wives. However, if you are a man who reads this and is in need of help, then don't hesitate one bit to email Adam or myself because we want to help anyone and everyone. My email is down below, but Adam's email is: Adam@TeamFreemanProperties.com

Everyone says that communication is the key to every marriage, but what is more important than that is understanding each other so we can communicate properly. Once we understand each other & what the Bible teaches us, we are sure to get on the right track. If we don't make these much needed changes we will have the same outcome with our next spouse, & our next spouse. All the while our children will suffer & we will never end up truly happy anyway.

Please take this journey with us. Every marriage reaches a tough time at some point. This message is good for ALL ears because no one is perfect and we could ALL learn something to strengthen our marriages, relationships and even friendships. Even if you are single, this is a perfect way to prepare yourself for that next step. You can't afford to miss this.

So here are my hopes. I would like to see everyone start a prayer journal. I am a computer junkie so I did mine on Microsoft Word. Feel free to write, type, etc. Whatever will get you to do it. I would also like this blog to be interactive. When I post a challenge, let us all know how it worked for you. Your testimonies will encourage others. Please refrain from being negative. If you don't like what is being said, you don't have to listen and you are not bound to join in what God is doing here. The teachings & ideas are coming straight from the Bible & any negativity will be moderated and deleted so it won't find its way for other eyes to see.

Lisa would tell you that I always wanted more & more info. I didn't like being told that she would teach me that later. Sorry Lisa. In the next few weeks I am going to go into this lesson. However, I know that some of you need to get started right away & you just can't sit back & wait. Here it goes....

Lesson #1 - Tonight or tomorrow when your spouse comes home, greet them at the door. Don't yell from another room. Physically meet them at the door. Let them know that you missed them today. (even if you didn't) I have started doing this with Adam & he absolutely loves it. Honestly, so do I. I feel much more special when I feel that everyone is happy to see me. If this is not possible to do it this way due to your schedules, then be sure to make him feel like you missed him & you are happy to see him when you are face to face.

This will be a 14 day lesson with a simple activity each day. Don't forget that we want to hear how it is working for you. Also keep in mind that your husband probably isn't used to this behavior so he may even say something inappropriate or wonder if you are up to something. Just ignore it. You are going to change your behavior. His will follow. Men are much slower normally & it will probably take a few days for this to kick in. Don't worry. It will.

I want to throw my disclaimer out here. I am in no way claiming to be a professional. What makes me qualified to do this is that I am a Christian & we are learning Biblical principles. Plus, this is what worked for us. If you are skeptical, I understand. So was I. So was Lisa. Just hang with me for the first 14 days. Learn what I have to say with an open mind. I promise you will see a change in yourself & your husband. Please, just give me that amount of time. I will make the commitment into you if you will do the same for me. If you won't do it for me, do it because your troubled situation has nothing to lose.

Please understand that more than anything, we want you to know that we are not a fairy tale family and we are not wanting to share our story to compare who has the better or worse relationship. The big picture here is to point out that if you are having big or small issues in your relationship, there was a time when you loved each other deeply and these problems didn't exist. All we want is to help you find a way back to the happiness you for so long have attempted to achieve. So whether you have been struggling for three years or struggling for ten, look at the positives and be happy that you still have a chance to make things right.

Please check yourself as a follower to the blog & feel free to forward to anyone that you know that may need a change. Help me to help the world. I would also like to extend my email address to anyone that needs to talk one on one. Please keep in mind that I am still working & have my family to tend to but you are all important to me. I will do my best to answer all emails before I go to bed each night. Aimee@TeamFreemanProperties.com.

I also want to take a quick second to thank all of the people that were there for Adam & I during our separation. There were some pretty intense moments & I can only speak for myself but you all helped me get through each day. You are all special & will forever be in my heart. Thank you for putting up with me. I hope that I will do you proud through this blog.

Lastly, (I bet you never thought I would finish) I would like to pray. Lord, thank you so much for being there for me when I needed you the most. Thank you for being my strength when I didn't think that I had any left. Thank you for guiding me in the right directions & helping me to grow & change so that my family would be one again. Lord, please speak through me & into this blog. Please soften the hearts of those husbands & wives out there that are considering divorce or are struggling in their marriages. Please allow them to open their minds to see that this works. Thank you for opening this door until I walked through. Amen.

Aimee

50 comments:

LIsa said...

This is just wonderful Aimee. I will be following daily!

TheSooner7 said...

I am so glad you are doing this! I will be following you! I pray for you guys all the time, may God bless you in this new journey!

Mandy (K.Faith) said...

Good Stuff Aimee! I will be following as well.

Yolonda said...

Its wonderful that you are sharing your story! I look forward to your next post.. learning the name of the book you recommend!

Angela said...

Great Post! I will be following your blog, and will continue to pray for your family! :)
Angela from Florida

Anonymous said...

Adam & Aimee,
My name is Mary and I too will be following daily! I am willing to follow any advice and with God's help I know it will be a victory! Will continue to pray for you and your family! I pray that your blog will be a blessing to everyone out there as your blog and your husbands has been to me! God Bless! Mary

Cristi said...

Good for you. I am blessed to have a great relationship with my husband, but there is ALWAYS room for improvement. So I will be greeting my man at the door tomorrow! Cant wait to see what else you've got. God Bless.

Molly (Mom2Gizmo) said...

This is amazing and I am excited to see what you have to say.
I have been drawn to a number of blogs that all have extremely christian bases...I don't know how or why I got to them, but I keep feeling that God is trying to tell me something. I am a married mom of three. I followed your story with Kayleigh, so I feel like I kind of "know" you...at least your story. Looking forward to this...and ready for lesson 2, because I always do greet my husband when he comes home!

Charity said...

Thank you for continuing to be transparent. God is awsome and I am learning that when I follow his simple principle, that they make my life so much easier.

Thank you for the challenge. I had been greeting my husband at the door and being at the door when he leaves for the last 6 years, but have totally slacked these past 6 months due to now chasing around 3 kids, and being so tired and totally losing the vision. I do believe it is a great way to start the connection btwn each other in the home for the day. I need to no matter how tired I feel, to put in that extra effort. When we are connected the rest of the night seems to go much smoother.

pattisgo said...

God sends His angels when they are needed most. Aimee THANK YOU so much for doing this. My family could really benefit form this & I am ever so greatful for you being HIS servant. God bless you & this blog.

pattisgo said...

God sends His angels when they are needed most. Aimee THANK YOU so much for doing this. My family could really benefit form this & I am ever so greatful for you being HIS servant. God bless you & this blog.

Crissie said...

Aimee,

I am here too. I followed you with Kayliegh since the BC and now I am here and I want to tell you that you have already helped me....

On Monday of last week I had plans, my husband who has been very diffucult to live with over the last few months was out of town....I was considering meeting up with an old love....

But I sat at the table that morning and read Adam's post...About feelings following actions and I changed my mind. YOu have no idea how much that one post did for me...

So I am here and I will be following close and trying each and every exercise with an open mind and an open heart.

The things you said about being angry because you were in the same home but not together...This is the same issue that I have. Being alone when you are part of a couple and should not feel alone is the worst.

I am so proud of you for picking up the pieces and now helping us with our messes...

Hand me a broom...

Anonymous said...

I was following Kayleigh's story for months and was so saddened when she passed on. Your family always looked so cheerful and faithful, especially in the darkest times. Thank you for letting us in to share the rest of your story and for wanting to help others. I will be following and doing the activities as well. God Bless.

Elisabeth said...

I'm in.

;)

Anonymous said...

Count me in!

SF said...

Thank you for using your own personal journey to reach out to others, Aimee! What a difficult time you guys have been through, praise GOd for His goodness and faithfulness!! I really look forward to following and taking part in the journey of each lesson.
Blessings,
Saminda. xo

Unknown said...

My relationship has had its ups and downs for a couple years now... And we are trying to make it threw, I will follow your blog and follow it threw for 14 days.. Thank you for sharing your story. And i look forward to following your blog daily.
Thank You
Candi

MommyIvy said...

I am glad you are starting this. I am doing a blog myself to help with marriage and family life. I will definately be following you.

The Carpenters said...

Yay, Aimee! Wow...we prayed a lot for this day, didn't we? I always had faith that you'd be looking back at that struggle from the other side. God knew what He was doing. I'm so proud of you for being so strong. I've never seen strength and fight like I did with you. You are an inspiration. We love you both!

COUNTRY MOM said...

Aimee, Your posts always inspire. You are such a blessing to do this for others. May God guide you, and you reach many in need. Thank You for being so open and sharing. God Bless you and your family. Many Blessings,

Stacy said...

Thanks for doing this:)

Anonymous said...

Thank you. We've never met but your post touched me. I feel like you were saying, that my husband and I are okay but I know that there is much inside that is not okay. You've caused me to think and pray about all that before we hit a breaking point. I will do the 14 day challenge!! thank you!
Nicole

Deborah said...

My husband and I are a month into the divorce process and we just found out that our 19month old has cancer. We no longer live in the same house. We're not even in the same city. We've been with a christian counselor for three and a half years and have only been married 4 1/2 years. I don't even think our counselor has any hope for us. I am hoping against hope.
http://butnoah.blogspot.com/

Lexie said...

Count in another follower! I'll do it and I think it'll be intersting to see how things go. Can I add a subject request? That is being together on the same page regarding discipline with kids...something I think every family with kids face at some point in time

TanyaLea said...

Aimee~ I am so glad that I found your blog. I love what you are doing here and I know that you and your blog will be a vessel that God works through to help others with their own struggles. What a beautiful ministry that will be!! I have been married for almost 15 years to my husband, and we dated for 7 years prior to that. We pretty much grew up together, and we were high-school sweetharts, so there really were not many surprises for us. But no marriage is without struggles and true love always seeks to grow and keep things alive. So I am SO happy to take part in these challenges and improve who I am along the way...and I'm sure there will be an added blessing in the flow of our marriage, as well. Thank you for sharing your personal story and for starting such a profound challenge! With God ALL things are possible!

Have a blessed week! <><
~ Tanya

Carrie said...

Aimee--
It is truly amazing how God will lead his sheep where they need to be. I have been married for almost 5 years and I have a wonderful husband, and daughter who is fixing to be 1. I am filled with love, and at the same time filled with sadness. I see my husband and I drifting farther apart and yet we are still close together. You can count me in on this journey. Thank you for letting us in on your journey and letting us know that your life is "real". May God bless you in all that you do.

--Carrie

Alicia @ refinedisaiah648.blogspot.com said...

Aimee, count me in!! I am looking forward to this and reading and doing the challenges!! God is so good, isnt He?!

Kristine said...

Thanks so much for this!! I'm in!

Momof3inVA said...

Thank you for doing this. I was always amazed by your story and was also deeply devastaded when Kayleigh went to be with our Father. I look forward to participating and am grateful to share in another journey with you. I am sure Kayleigh is so proud of her Mommy (and Daddy) as she awaits us in Heaven!

Unknown said...

Aimee, I am so glad that you started this blog. This will be great information and I will be following faithfully! I am excited to read you blogs and learn new things for my marriage.

Beth in Oregon

Jennifer said...

Aimee this is great! I am one of those people that you reached out to about my marriage when you were going through so much in your own life. I have talked about that outreach with many people I am so excited about this blog and what it will do in my life and the life of others as we get closer to God.

Unknown said...

I really don't even know what to say. I am at a point where I have already decided to leave my marriage. I am planning how to do it. Then, I read Adam's post and now yours. I really do want to try, I do. I just don't know if I have anything left in me to try with. Pray for us. Pray that I will be given a desire to try to save the marriage. I am just so tired of fighting with each other and feeling so alone. I promise to pray and learn and follow this blog. Thank you for doing this.

Anonymous said...

Aimee,

You have perfect timing. Your help is needed most, right now! thanks!! i will be following!!!

Becky said...

This has come at a good time for me, that's all I can say. We are both in a position where we are prepared to work through the bad times (and there are some major issues) But we are happy 90% of the time together. Do you believe that any 2 people in the world, if they were thrown together, could make a relationship work? Or do you think there has to be something else there? If so, how do you know if it's there?!

I'm probably as impatient as you are because I want the name of the book now! Good way to get us all back, though I can assure you that we would all have come back tomorrow anyway. Look forward to getting the title so I can order my book! lol

Suesan said...

Aimee, thank you so much for sharing your struggle & your heart! I too was at rock bottom, my husband was out the door & another woman tried to get him....I truly believe in what you have said, God's principles of Love & Respect can do wonders, God can bring marriage back from the dead! I am really looking forward to the challenges. Greeting at the door has always been a struggle for me, when my husband gets home we are usually in the midst of kiddo chaos and the last thing I want to do is be sweet, but I do notice a difference when I am, changes his attitude, I will get right on this tonight! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Had a very ugly altercation with my husband this morning that left me positively guilt ridden and it all happened in front of my 3 year-old daughter. I DO NOT like the woman I have become. I desperately need to find my joy again and stop worrying SO much about the things I can't control.
God willing, I will fulfill this challenge and show my husband how much I truly do love (& respect) him.
Bless you, Aimee, for your willingness to share your hurts and to be humble enough to admit your imperfections. Thank you Lord that we are not alone in our struggles and thank you for those believers who are willing to tell it like it is and be humble in the process.

Becky said...

This is so wonderful! Thank you....as another poster said, I think my husband and I are happy at this point but there is ALWAYS room for improvement! My parents were honestly, happily married for 42 years before my Mom passed away and I want that so much for our marriage and equally importantly, our son. I'm so excited to take this journey with you....

Anonymous said...

Joni, you're not alone....I'm there too :(.
I've subscribed to the feed for this blog because I've been reading Adam's blog for a long time and I think you're both awesome people. But when I read you've only been married 3 years (didn't catch that before) my heart kind of sank. We're coming up 14 years and I think there is significantly more space for hurt of HUGE magnitude in that timeframe, but I hope I'm wrong and I will be able to get some insight from you....a newlywed in my opinion! Everything you've said is wise and true, but I guess I'm just a cynic about the optimism because of the brief amount of time you've been married (and I mean no disrespect with all you've been through with Kayleigh).

~Jennifer~ said...

Thank you for this. I know my marriage could use all the help it can get. If marriage was easy there wouldn't be so many "help" books... right!?
Was the "Love Dare" the book that helped get things back on track (I'm ordering it right now)?
I also like the interactive part.
Blessings to you for starting this conversation.

Michele said...

I followed Kayleigh's story for months and it has been very dear to my heart. You have shown strength, courage, faith, hope and love. And most of all you have done this with GRACE. I knew the road ahead of you would not be easy after so much grief and heartache. But I had faith in you because of your faith in God that you showed others through the journey. You have touched so many lives and continue to do so. I believe in you weather you have been married 3 years or 20 years because of the tremendous faith you and Adam have and are willing to share with others. You are not afraid to share your ups and downs in hopes of helping others. You are an inspriation to anyone who come across your blogs. I think this blog is WONDERFUL. ALL marriages need attention. When couples get in the every day routine of life we take things for granted. This will help everyone no matter where they are in the journey of marriage. I can't wait to hear more. Thank you for sharing your life and your faith with God's Grace!

Just Believing said...

I feel so blessed to have followd your journey with Kayleigh and now your marriage...Marriage is such an amazing gift and though I dont know you I am so proud for never giving up but instead giving it to God! I am sharing this website on my blog and on facebook and everywhere...I will pray for this blog to help marriages around the world!

Hetrick family said...

Awesome, always looking for good uplifting guidance. I'll be following!

MyLinda said...

I found your blog today and whie my 15 year marriage is not in "trouble", there is always room for improvement so I would love to follow along and work on being a better wife.

Thank you for sharing your personal story, it is very inspiring!

The Van Ordens said...

I tried this for the first time tonight. While my marriage isn't unstable I am always looks for ways to improve! My husband just grinned! I will be following along!

Anonymous said...

So, maybe his affair didnt end us. So, maybe I should have found this sooner. We'll see how so tiny changes can make a difference. <3 Thank you.

mamagab said...

I am so excited to try this! My husband and I lost a son almost 3 years ago to HLHS. (He had numerous other internal birth defects as well. Toren was delivered and we held him in our arms for roughly 6 hours before he took his last breath on earth and Jesus called him into his everloving arms where he was healed forever. This initially brought my husband and I very close together and we had another very healthy little boy 1 year later, but over the past 2 years we have drifted apart. We are living seperate lives almost. We don't really talk, snuggle, share, etc. We are just going through the motions. I am so excited to "jump start" things especially right before the holiday season. Thanks you taking the time to do this.
Stevie

millisa said...

so excited to read this :) our marriage is not struggling now (trust me, it has and all glory goes to God that we are still together) but i am looking for a way to just be a better wife to my precious husband. thank you for this!

Beckie said...

Your story is amazing. And completely wonderful. And I can totally relate to being in almost the end of a marriage to rebounding back with God's help. I had the Love Dare but have to get another copy as I gave mine to a friend who I thought could use it more than I at that moment and another book I use frequently is by Debi and Micheal Perl: Created To Be His Helpmeet. I also use Power Of A Praying WIfe/Mother series. Amazing books and they help immensely! But I'm going to take up your challenge even though things are fine, they can never be perfect but I can sure keep trying :) Thank you!!

joyful02 said...

I just found your website due to a friend telling me about it so I started the 14 day challenge yesterday. I greeted my hubby at the door and made sure I didn't complain to him about anything, which is hard for me. It went really well...summary...hubby and I have been struggling..I have felt like he's not helping at all whatsoever with our son or with the house work, etc, and I'm not feeling loved regularly. I'm working on taking that extra step to help our marriage.

Holly said...

Aimee, I have known for a little while now that you have had this blog. My fiance and I have had such a hard time in our relationship lately. We have been together for 3 years and we have a beautiful little miracle boy also. I have been trying to think of ways to improve our relationship so I thought I would check out your blog. I am so excited to see you have this 14 day challenge. We both saw the movie fireproof a while ago and I am so willing to give this challenge a shot. Thank you for posting this and thank so much for all your help ahead of time. God Bless and I'm happy to hear you and Adam are doing better. Although I am confused as to why your facebook pages still are at complicated and single. I followed you through Kayliegh's story and I think I am going to be a regular on this page also. Thank you.

Holly

 

Template and Design: By His Design