Wednesday, November 11, 2009

If You Don't Have Any Thing Nice To Say - Don't Say Any Thing At All

Hey ladies. Thank you all for visiting with me today. I appreciate it more than I will ever be able to express that you are taking this journey with me. I know I already said this, but I can't believe that we are over half way through. Great job everyone! We are SO proud of each & every one of you!

I hope that you all LOVE the new blog layout. I wanted to keep the look simple but add a little pizazz. I owe ALL thanks to Tinika Rothell at By His Design. She took care of everything for me. I think that it looks awesome. Thank you, thank you, thank you. If any of you are looking to do a little or a lot to your blog, check her out. Tinika Rothell - By His Design. Let me know what you think.
                                                       
 

I also added a button to the right side column. Please help me spread the word about this blog. You would be absolutely shocked if you knew how many wives I have heard from this week. Help me help your friends, family, & co-workers. I bet there are a handful of people that you know that are struggling in their marriages but they don't want you to know. This is a great way to reach out to them incognito. I can't do this without all of you!

1. Copy the html code located under the button.
2. If you have a Blogger account, go to layout.
3. Add a gadget.
4. Scroll down to html/java script & click to add.
5. Choose a title (I called mine - Grab A Button).
6. Paste the html code in the body & click save.
7. Click save again on your main layout page.
8. You are all done unless you want to move the location of the button on the layout.
9. If you need to move it, just drag it to the proper location & hit save again.



Some of you have mentioned checking the blog over & over to see when a new post comes up. Well, there is a solution. You can join Twitter.com. (It's FREE) That way, when I post a new message you will get a text instantly! No more wondering. I have included a step by step process to make it as simple as possible.

1. Go to the main page at http://www.twitter.com/.
2. Go to the upper right corner & sign in or create an account.
3. Go to the tool bar at the top & click find people.
4. Type in my user name - aimeefreeman (no space - all one word)
5. You will see me come up. Click on my name.
6. You will be taken to another screen. Right under my photo it will say follow. Click that.
7. Once you are following me there will be a little cell phone icon to the right. Click that.
8. You will now receive a text instantly when I post a new message.



I you want to follow me on Facebook as well you can just click on my name to be taken directly to my page. Add me as a friend & poof! Instant buddies. Don't you wish it was that easy to make friends, really? Aimee Freeman I will update my status each time that I post a new message.



Since we are rapidly approaching the end of this 14 day challenge, I started planning our future lesson assignments. I was so blessed that Lisa Shea sent me over a 30 day challenge along with daily prayers for our husbands. It was quite ironic because I found one prayer in a book that I really enjoyed during our separation. I prayed this prayer out loud every night before bed. (I did my other prayers through out the day as I needed to spend time with God) The prayer can be found in, "The Power of a Praying Wife" by Stormie Omartian. It is the prayer at the end of chapter 1 - The Wife. This prayer gave me peace & comfort on a daily basis. This book taught me so much & it isn't very long. There were only a handful of books that spoke to me during this very difficult time, I think four to be exact. This is one of them.

I have to say that when I was going through the separation, praying was something that I did no less than 10-15 times a day. It was more like begging talking to God in the beginning. I didn't really know what I was doing. I reached a point where I was saying the same things each day. I then became numb & couldn't even remember what my prayers were or needed to be about. Out of frustration, I ended up writing out my own prayer, which I read several times each day. It was extremely long (go figure), but I prayed about everything that I hoped God would do inside of me & inside of Adam. Guess what? They ALL came true! Praise God!

So, back to the 30 day challenge. I am so excited for this because these little lessons go along with what we have already been learning. Each day is backed up by scripture found in the Bible. The best part is that there is a SMALL daily prayer as well. This will be EXTREMELY helpful to those of you (like me) that feel uncomfortable praying or don't feel like you know how to pray. When Lisa Shea & Larry Brey prayed with me on the phone, all I could think was, "WOW. I want to be able to pray like that. I want to have the "perfect" words to say to someone else. I want to have the confidence to pray in front of others." This daily prayer will be teaching me just how to do that. I can't wait!

Tonight's challenge is pretty straight forward but it may require some deep thought. Remember, keep an open mind & I am sure that something will come to you.

Lesson # 8

Relay a compliment about him. Reflect over the last few weeks. Did someone say something positive about him & honoring to you about your husband? Build him up (1 Thessalonians 5:11 says, "Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.") Say, "I forgot to tell you, but so and so said this about you....."

"Lord, thank you so much for being by my side through this journey. It brings me peace that you are with me. Lord, please give me the wisdom to learn how to pray without begging for what I want. Please give me the faithfulness to stand by my husband, even when it is hard & I don't want to. Father, please show me in a clear & obvious way what you want me to do. Allow me to see the truth & not convince myself that you are showing me something that you are not. Please give me the strength to continue on this journey. Some days I feel as though you are all that I have & I thank you so much for that. I love you, Lord. Amen."

I hope that you were all inspired by the testimony that was posted this morning. If you missed it, be sure to check it out. It was powerful!


5 comments:

Terri said...

I am SOOOOOO not in a good place in marriage. In fact, today is our anniversary. I invited my husband to dinner but I was rejected. I still managed to not say anything unkind. It was truly the most difficult challenge to date. I will continue to read, learn, and soak in what it takes for me to be the wife that my husband desires, even knowing that it is going to be a long, challenging, raod with very little (if any) positive feedback. Please, ladies, pray for me each day as I am having to find strength within me that I never knew I had and I'm not sure I can endure.

Melissa G said...

Ok, my husband totally melted at the note i left him! =)

Stephanie said...

Aimee, Thank you again for taking this journey for so many woemn that need a step towards a better marriage. We spoke at the beginning, through email, for a brief moment. My marriage continues to get better, or stay better, but sometimes Satan creeps his way in. I have a hard time fighting off thoughts that Satan tries putting in my head. Email me if you get a chance at steph41581@hotmail.com

Thank you!

TJOsMommy said...

So...my husband mentioned last night that he's noticed a change in me, for the better ;) He said I've been "nicer" and was really surprised that I wanted to play his video games (Lesson #6) --- hahaha!!! It's almost like he knows about this 14 day challenge and is saying this just to play along, b/c you are so on the money about this working! I know he doesn't know, but I can't help but think he's gotta know! Haha!!!

I'm looking forward to the challenges ahead, and thank you so much for doing this :)

~ Kristen :)

Ashley B. said...

Hey Aimee,
I met Chip for lunch today and as I was driving away he was waiving something at me in his car...
It was the note I had written him and left inside his computer! I was so excited because he acknowledge that he had gotten it! This was amazing because he never says anything about anything....I'm ready to give him his compliment tonight when he get home from someone I ran into today....
ash

 

Template and Design: By His Design